Viviscal Professional | Hair Loss Treatment
Hair loss is a problem that affects millions of people. If you struggle with confidence and a sense of satisfaction about the thickness of your hair but are not ready to commit to prescribed medications or hair transplant surgery, you may be interested in an innovative, drug-free therapy called Viviscal Professional.
What is Viviscal Professional?
Viviscal Professional is a dual-action hair care system that has been developed through twenty years of research on hair loss. Products include topical hair care and a special supplement that all nourish hair from the inside out. It’s like a multivitamin for your hair.
How does Viviscal Professional work?
Hair loss may result from contributing factors in the body and in the environment. The intent of Viviscal Professional is to replenish the scalp and hair follicles with proven ingredients. The use of Viviscal Professional topicals and oral supplements ensures the scalp and hair are well-conditioned, so hair growth can be boosted to a healthier, more consistent level.
Am I a candidate for Viviscal Professional?
Most people who are interested in hair restoration are good candidates for drug-free Viviscal Professional treatment. Many men and women who have been treated with this family of products have experienced improved density and hair strength in addition to improved growth cycles.
Viviscal Professional may not be appropriate for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding or for patients with fish or shellfish allergies. This is because trace amounts these substances may be present in the manufacturing facility. Viviscal Professional treatment is recommended only after a consultation with Dr. Lombardo or a trained, experienced member of our staff during which we discuss hair restoration goals, current health, and medical history.
What are the side effects of Viviscal Professional?
One of the advantages of Viviscal Professional treatment is that no serious side effects have been identified in clinical studies. Side effects associated with this method of hair restoration are generally mild and manageable by taking oral supplements with a meal. Potential side effects include:
- Nausea. The inclusion of iron in the oral Viviscal Professioanl supplement could cause stomach irritation.
- Skeletal issues. Joint stiffness or pain may result from Viviscal Professional but is not common. This could stem from a severe overuse of vitamin C. Patients may be advised not to take vitamin C supplements when using Viviscal Professional as a way to minimize this risk.
- Allergic reaction. People with allergies to shellfish, fish, should not take Viviscal Professional due to the marine protein complex in the AminoMar formula.
How long does it take Viviscal Professional to start working?
The Viviscal Professional dietary supplement works from the inside out. Some patients may begin to notice a decrease in shedding after a few weeks of consistent use. The stages in which results develop include:
- Stage 1 – The nourishment delivered to hair follicles improves as the marine complex AminoMar is consistently used topically and taken internally.
- Stage 2 – Hair strength improves, which may be noticed as a decrease in wispy, thin hair.
- Stage 3 – Existing hair becomes denser and less breakage may be noticed as a result.
- Stage 4 – Hair appears more vibrant and thick.
Overall, these stages take place over a six-month period.
What is the active ingredient in Viviscal Professional?
Viviscal Professional contains the proprietary AminoMar® marine complex, a formulation that includes vital nutrients such as Iron, Zinc, Biotin, Niacin, Vitamin C and an exclusive marine complex derived from fish proteins. The ingredients were selected based on scientific study that observed a link between a fish- and protein-rich diet and skin and hair health. Research suggests that the GAGs, or long-chain sugar molecules called glycosaminoglycans attract and retain water, especially in the skin and hair.
Lombardo Cosmetic Surgery is proud to offer patients in Rancho Mirage a broad range of services, including natural hair restoration with Viviscal Professional.